Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sore Tummy When Pressed

Welcome home

After having feared this moment during the last weeks in dreamland, I finally came back to my day-to-day in Lyon, and started an old new life. The last days have been busy and an unexpected visit has helped me keep smiling.

On Monday, Carla arrives in Lyon for a few days before going away to Estonia for 6 months, a good occasion to meet up with other Faidherbardes (girls from prepschool time), catch up with fresh memories from abroad, and remind good ones from old times.

Carla, Claire, Natacha and Alexandra come over for dinner in my little castle on Tuesday. Carla and I cook carbonara pasta and a galette des rois (with a red bean as a charm). Claire becomes queen and we all laugh out loud when we talk about the good years.


After a few hours at school on Wednesday, I meet up with Carla in front of the beautiful opera.


I then take Carla for a walk on the presqu'île , and on the Croix-Rousse slopes. Here are the famous trolleys of Lyon in front of the fine-arts museum, and the massive Bartoldi fountain -NY and Lyon have the guy in common, who would have thought?- on the Place des Terreaux.

We climb up the slopes and stairs and come accross a funny café : the DAHU . So I turn myelf into one for a sec (kind of had to as we went up the montée de la grande côte ).


Once at the top of the hill, we stop for a while to admire the view over the city and the hill of Fourvière , from the over side of the Saône.


As good girls, we go shopping (sales time...) and I totally fall for -another- leather bag...

Here are THE VELOV's !!! There are spots everywhere in Lyon. This is the most practicle stuff ever, I just love them and ride them to come back from school, fighting against iced roads and not always winning...


We then meet up with Natach for a 4 o'clock drink. We watch the sun set in front of hot chocolate, all warmed up inside Natacha's favorite pub.



Downtown is so beautiful at night. Fourvière , théâtre des Célestins (where I can't wait to go again), and place Bellecour ...


Allez salut, Carlita

0 comments:

Post a Comment